Saturday, February 20, 2010

Escape from Langkawi...Hello Koh Lipe!

When I left you I had bought my ferry ticket to Langkawi.  I arrived yesterday and just wasn't feeling it.  It was too commercial (a duty free island), I was staying in skank pit #3 (I can't even go into it), the beach wasn't that nice and the water was murky...no thanks, adios.  I booked a speed boat ticket the same day and took off this morning for Koh Lipe Thailand.  I must congratulate myself, this might just be the most brilliant thing I've ever done (ring a bell Lloyd?).  I met three Germans on the boat and I just finished having dinner with them.  They're heading over to my beach tomorrow (they are staying on the other side of the island) and Alana who I met in Langkawi is heading over on the boat tomorrow too, so it should be good fun.  Here are some quick pics I took today.  I'll also enclose the pic of my Chinese seal engraver Mr. Ng. from the last post.  I've gone bamboo.  Peace out...Jan


Mr. Ng. and My Chinese Seal


My Bamboo Hut


The View From My Front Porch


The Gorgeous Turquoise Water

0 comments: