Friday, December 18, 2009

Adios Amigo!

I want to say goodbye and thank you to my new friend Dionisio who left the island yesterday and is heading home to Mexico City.  Thanks for showing us the best stuff on the island and introducing us to everyone.  We miss you!

This week Dionisio, Andrea and I hired a boat to take us to bird island and to this excellent fresh water swimming hole called Yalahau.  Wednesday night we had a going away party for Dionisio at Cariocas (our favorite beach bar) till 4:00 am, I think it would have lasted even longer if Grandma didn't finally have to hit the sack.  Today Andrea, Beto and I went for a long walk down the beach to the mangroves.  Other than that I've been a total beach bum...sea, hammock, food, beer, book, nap, repeat.  Here are some shots of my new friends and my favorite restaurant on Holbox...shout out to Pablo for the best food in town!  Tomorrow we are taking the ferry back to Chiquila and instead of taking the long boring 2nd class bus to Merida we are hitching a ride with Beto who has his car parked in Chiquila.  He's also from Mexico City and just did the Iron Man Triathalon in Cozumel and is now traveling around Mexico for a month.  We plan to stop in little towns along the way and see much more than we would by bus.  More when I reach Merida.  Peace out...Jan






0 comments: