Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Stop...Hammock Time!

Hola!  Just a quick post to let everyone know I´m in Playa del Carmen Mexico for a few days.  Can´t quite master this Mexican keyboard so sorry for any errors.  I arrived late Monday afternoon and walked the streets trying to find a cheap place to stay.  After an exhaustive search I landed at an old favorite Posada Freud (no analysis required) for a comfortable $35/night.  Playa is having some electrical problems, the roads are dug up trying to fix them and our power has been out since 11:00 last night.  The bad news is, no power, no fan.  The good news is the mega loud rock band (born to be wild style) that plays every night till 2:00 am right next door had to stop playing.  Back to the bad news, they have a generator and are back in business tonight.  We on the other hand still don´t have power and are operating under candle light.  Some how the beer is still cold so all is good.  I´ve just been chillin on the beach for the past two days sinking into my new relaxed traveler mode, honestly not that difficult.  Think I´m catching the 5 hour bus to Isla Holbox Friday morning so I´ll update you when I arrive and hopefully post some pics.  That´s it for now.  Peace out...Jan

0 comments: