Thursday, December 10, 2009

And Jah said let there be light.

After my post last night I headed out of the internet cafe with no plans or purpose and ended up on some kind of rasta odyssey.  First I came across a rasta playing his guitar at Roots N Fire, apparently the legend of Bob Marley is alive and well in Playa, so I pulled up a seat and hung around till I was so hungry I just couldn´t stay a minute longer.  Next I headed for my favorite taco cart for some delicious fish and shrimp tacos.  When I walked up the van was empty but then from across the street comes running what appears to be a Mexican rasta, yes that´s right I said Mexican rasta, Eduardo, no meat, no alcohol and dreads tucked up in his crochet cap.  He works the taco cart at night and tends exotic animals used for tourist photos during the day.  After a long chat and four tacos (they´re small) I was tired so I headed back to Posada Freud totally dreading (no pun intended) the "Born to be Wild" night I had ahead of me.  I round the corner and instead of bad rock music I hear, could it really be, yes...REGGAE!  Relieved I pull up a seat and decide to have a beer with David and Nancy and commiserate about the electrical situation when suddenly in a flash the lights came on.  Now, I´m not saying that Mexican Gas and Electric didn´t have a little something to do with it, but I am saying Rastafari!  Peace out...Jan

0 comments: